2006-12-16

bad things that happened today...


The bad parts are bolded.

The day started with me leaving about 45 minutes late from work to fix a differential in the computer system. When I got home, I thought that I should fix the one and only problem I had with my new phone; I can't receive any media messages. Big mistake. At first, I spent an hour on the phone, talking to the service provider, which couldn't fix it. I then had to walk to the store where I bought the phone and stand around for an hour, then leave the phone there with them for an hour while I do other stuff, and they still couldn't fix it. I have to go back tomorrow to see if they can fix it then.


Later, when I started feeling hungry, I thought I'd order some thai take-away. I called, but their kitchen had just closed. Damn. "Oh well, good thing I bought some food earlier", I thought. When I opened the freezer, I noticed that everything in there is not frozen solid like it usually is. It turns out that I hadn't closed it properly, letting out all the cold, little by little, all day. All the food and my Rocky Road ice cream - destroyed. Except for the barbecue chicken drumsticks, which could still be cooked. Thankfully.

Oh, and I haven't gotten my paycheck in full, yet. Probably getting fixed before Christmas. I hope.

If good things happen tomorrow, I'll write about that. We'll see.

3 comments:

Logan said...

Aww, poor kiddo. Things'll right themselves out soon. Chin up, cootch. :)

Ricard said...

"Shit happens" has never been more appropriate.

Björn said...

hahaha, även för dig gäller dessa lagar:

Murphys lag:
Om något kan gå snett kommer det att gå snett, och vid sämsta
möjliga tillfälle.

Murphys första lag:
Ingenting är lika lätt som det ser ut.

Murphys andra lag:
Allting tar längre tid än du tror.

Murphys tredje lag:
I all vetenskap kommer allt som kan gå snett att gå snett.

Murphys fjärde lag:
Om möjligheten finns att flera saker kan gå snett, kommer den som orsakar mest skada att faktiskt att gå snett.

Murphys femte lag:
Om någonting absolut inte kan gå snett, gör den det ändå.

Murphys sjätte lag:
Om du upptäcker att något kan gå snett på fyra olika sätt och vidtar åtgärder för att förebygga dessa, kommer ett femte sätt som du fullständigt oförberedd på omedelbart att dyka upp.

Murphys sjunde lag:
Om du låter allt gå sin gilla gång, kommer det att gå från dåligt till sämre.

Murphys åttonde lag:
Om allting ser ut att gå bra har du uppenbarligen missat nåt.

Murphys nionde lag:
Naturen står alltid på det glömda misstagets sida.

hahaha, förlita dig på det...inte mycket mer du kan göra åt det ;)