2007-05-10

stupid people in theatres...



Feeling a bit better. Only my nose is blown to bits and my throat is still killing me. Still a little feverish, but nothing like the post below. Yeesh, that was really something. The gnome is still here, though. Tried capturing him with my new camera, but he avoids it somehow.

I went to see "Spider-man 3" last week. I'm not gonna write about the movie, at least not now. I am gonna write about how fucking horrible the experience in the theatre was. First, the focus was off during the whole fucking movie. I complained twice to the projectionist, and on the second try he said that the whole print that was sent to the theatre was flawed, he couldn't get it any sharper. Let's illustrate.

This is how Spider-man should look:



This is what Spider-man looked like in the theatre I went to:



Granted, I could've just walked out and probably gotten my money back, but then I have to go to the next town so I could see another print, which is a hassle, considering I don't have a car. So I endured a blurry picture for 2 hours and 20 minutes. But that's not all I endured.


"Spider-man 3" marks the last time I go to a movie with a PG-13-rating (which in Sweden translates more or less automatically into age 11) on the premiere weekend, unless it's a night screening.

It should be known that unless the movie is so horribly bad I want to puke (like that sorry excuse for a movie called "The Sweetest Thing"), I try to live into the emotion that the movie wants to hit. When a group of eleven-year-olds (or possibly older) laugh obnoxiously at every single emotional point in the movie, it kinda brings me out of the experience. No, let me rephrase, it fucking ruins it. Sure, "Spider-man 3" is full of unintentional humor, but when that happens, you snicker a bit to yourself. You don't go "BWAHAHAHAHAH THATS STUPIDD AND FUNNI LOL ROFL STUPIDD MOVEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111".

This is why I don't want to write anything about the movie like I usually do. And now I hear "Die Hard 4.0" aka "Live Free or Die Hard" is getting a PG-13-rating. I give up. I should just wait for a good release from the pirate groups and just download the fucking thing from now on.

(By the way, still kidding about the gnome. No more gnome-jokes. For gnowme.)

3 comments:

Cynatic said...

Just like my experience from the Grudge 2 screening last autumn. Aaaand, my general hero in life Kevin Smith is Die Hard 4 .. hurray.

Ricard said...

That's what you get for seeing a shit movie like The Grudge 2 in the theater. :D

Cynatic said...

yeh it was crap, specially since i don't even like the horror genre in the first place.