2006-07-27

"Pop quiz, hotshot."


Every Thursday evening, one of our local pubs hosts a pop-quiz for their guests. There's no enourmous prize or anything, it's just there to bring out the competetive locals and have some fun, and hopefully sell a beer or two to the contestants.

My friend Sofie called me today and asked if I wanted to come with and be on their team. Since I hadn't anything else to do, I gladly accepted.

I arrived at 9 PM. The pub was hot as hell, and while I didn't drink any beer, I must've drunk at least five big glasses of ice water, and it didn't take long before my shirt was soaked. The quiz started, and we managed to answer every question that was asked. Granted, we weren't sure at all that we got them right at the end, but I must say I felt somewhat confident when we were finished.

After the announcer pronounced the third and second place, my friend Katta turned to me and said that we probably got the fourth place. The announcer pronounced the winners... and it was us! We won! After recieving congrats from the announcer, we were given a gift certificate for the amount of about 30 dollars to split among our team members. Not much, but still - we fucking beat everyone else, and won!

After buying a Budweiser with my winnings, I bade farewell to my team and headed home. All in all, it was a fun evening.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Jag älskar att läsa bloggar där mitt eget namn nämns, även när det inte handlar om mig :P Hurra för oväntade vinster! Sånt är skoj, och en gratis Budweiser är inte fy skam.
Och det känns väldigt felvänt att kommentera en engelskspråkig blog på svenska, samtidigt som det känns onödigt att göra det på engelska.

Ricard said...

Jag vet vad du menar, men kommentarerna är ju främst till för mig, så det viktiga är att jag förstår. Och kanske Logan. :P Tack för att du kikade in. :)

Logan said...

Det är jätteviktigt att jag förstår. Jag är ju bäst när det gäller sexiga inlägg. ;)