2006-07-12

this is dead man's chest...


I just came back from the premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." It was alright, but the theater I saw it in was filled to the brim, making the temperature inside quite a bit uncomfortable.

What I liked the most about the movie was how they had transformed Bill Nighy's face with CGI, making him into a octopus/man hybrid, and it looked really cool, and very life-like.


I also liked how they had transformed Jack Davenport's character Norrington from the first movie, from this...


...into this. Almost unrecognizable.


Two things I didn't like...

1. The length. This had probably something to do with the temperature conditions in the theater as well, but the movie was and felt too long. 2 hours and 30 minutes.

2. The so-called "ending". I'm not gonna spoil what happens, but it ends with a big- no, huge cliffhanger. I felt cheated, because there's no closure. They did the exact same thing with "The Matrix" trilogy. They made the first movie so it could stand on it's own legs, and the following movies as a two-parter. Had I known it would've been like that, I probably would have waited to see this one until the sequel was released. Damn cockteasers.

So there you have it. Wait a year if you can, that's my advice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what i didn't like about the movie was bill nighy's accent. it kept on switching back and forth between french and scottish. it was very distracting.

Marcia said...

BUT. Here's the important question: How hot were Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp? Because, seriously, that's the reason I'm going to see that movie.

Ricard said...

They were as hot as anyone can be in a full pirate attire. If you thought they were attractive in the first movie, you won't be disappointed.