2006-08-09

a morbid bike ride...


I saw a dead hedgehog today. Mind you, I've seen many a dead hedgehog in my day, but this time, it was really... horrible.

I was going out for a smoke, and felt like going on a ride on my bike. I biked up around the main street, then down to the highway. When I was almost back home, I noticed something odd on the highway. "Hm, is that a smashed watermelon?", I thought. "Why would anyone toss...- wait... No, is that...?"

And it was. It was a hedgehog. Or what was left of it. If you can imagine how I could mistake that dead hedgehog for a smashed watermelon, you might understand what condition the hedgehog was in. In short, it was a really fucked-up sight.


After contemplating on what to do, I decided to look for something I could use to move it off the road, because I felt it was wrong to just leave it there for other cars to run it over again. There was some kind of road construction up the road, and there I found two pieces of wood that I could lift it up with. I carried it to a piece of grass next to the road, and left it there. "At least it was a quick death", I thought, and headed home.

When I got home, I hugged my cat.

Rest in peace, little buddy.

3 comments:

Logan said...

It died because you started smoking again.

:)

Ellen Yu said...

poor thing :(


People should probably create a Burial Roadkill Alliance or something.

Ricard...

stop smoking :p

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Gud straffar de som röker.

När jag går hem från jobbet efter det har regnat så ligger det alltid massa söndermosade btuna skogssniglar längs med hela vägen. Jag får hoppa omkring för att inte trampa på dem. Det är trist.